Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The end seems in sight

As I begin my fourth year of Grad School at GMU, I am finally beginning to see the light at the end of the long tunnel. First year was just a blur of classes and exams and prelims and what not. Second year was just a blast in comparison, thinking about a variety of topics and writing short 3 page (double spaced) papers almost every week for three classes and dabbling with several ideas for the dissertation which suddenly seemed like a blue whale with a million appendages. Third year was awesome fun once the dissertation idea took shape and the appendages were chipped away and the whale took shape and began to look more like a big fish than a blue whale. Beginning fourth year, a third of the blue whale has taken shape with the other two thirds coming along finely. Grad school has been a blast and I am glad I have lasted this long to see the end in sight. If all goes according to plan the big beautiful fish should be complete by Summer next year. I am looking forward to an exciting fourth year at Grad School.  

No comments: