Monday, July 03, 2006

Ramblings..

I started my countdown for the prelims last week. There are 43 days to go, and I am far behind schedule. Brian, Marek and I had a fun afternoon yesterday. Marek had Chipotle for the first time, and Brian tried the Burrito Bowl. We spent a good chunk of the afternoon trying to convince Marek to go watch a movie with us on thursday, but he did not budge. I wish I could have so much will power to 'consistently apply the seat of my pants to the seat of my chair' (quote from Pete). Prakki and I had a long chat yesterday about our childhood. We relived some of our childhood memories and concluded that we had had a blast as kids. For a few years now I have been struggling with the disconnect between my mind and my heart. My heart yearns for the simple pleasures of my childhood, no car, no tv, to telephone, no internet, lots of trees, bicycles and farms and fields. Economic sense tells me that with development several of the above are bound to go, and that is essential for growth. Its hard to reconcile the two.





No comments: